Monday, August 10, 2009

Like a Prayer

The end is very near for my dear Mema.
Today is day 5 or 6 without food or water, by her choice obviously, and as her organs are failing her temperature is rising. She is no longer really talking to us or coming back into reality very often. As hard as it is for me to lose her I pray every night for the Lord to take her away from her pain and reunite her with her parents and other loved ones that have passed away.
I also asked her if when she got to Heaven if she would find my Sweet Baby Blue dog and give her a big hug and tell her how much I love her and miss her every day.
So the point of my blog.
As I was driving today from the office to the Oil Library this song came on Bob FM and I just started bawling.
I don't know why it would have affected me so much.
Maybe its how she sang it.
Maybe its because I love Old School Madonna.
Maybe its because I am an emotional wreck.
Maybe its because it really just hit home.
So here it is.

Like A Prayer.

Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone
I hear you call my name
And it feels like home

Chorus:

When you call my name its like a little prayer
I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there
In the midnight hour I can feel your power
Just like a prayer you know Ill take you there

I hear your voice, its like an angel sighing
I have no choice, I hear your voice
Feels like flying
I close my eyes, oh God I think I'm falling
Out of the sky, I close my eyes
Heaven help me

(chorus)
The last conversation my mema and I had, I told her how much I loved her and she woke up and told me she loved me too. That is a memory I will have forever.
Please keep my family in your prayers.





I will love you forever Mema. You mean so much to me, and I am so grateful for all that you have done for me.

1 comment:

  1. aww look at your mema in your antlers...precious. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this hard time. love you girl

    ReplyDelete