Friday, September 25, 2009

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

Stolen from CoCoPerez.com








Seeing that it's the 70th Anniversary of the iconic film The Wizard of Oz, what better way to celebrate it by giving those famous ruby slippers a face lift?
Warner Bros. Consumer Products partnered up with CRYSTALLIZED- Swarovski Element and some of the hottest designers including: Betsey Johnson, Christian Louboutin, Diane von Furstenberg, Giuseppe Zanotti, Jimmy Choo, Gwen Stefani's L.A.M.B., Manolo Blahnik, Oscar de la Renta, Roger Vivier, and Stuart Weitzman. They designed their own modernized version of Dorthy's shoes to be auctioned off, with all proceeds benefiting Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.
Bidding for the shoes began September 10th, but will continue until 10:00pm September 24th.
Such a fabulous idea for a great cause!




I know auctions are for a good cause, but I HATE it when something I want is in an auction like this. Normally, this is where I'd say "NAAATTTEEEE, I want these for (insert gift giving occasion)", but with a dang auction I know they will be crazy expensive, even more so then normal.

I would def. take out a bad witch, maybe even a good witch for the ones in the second picture, but naturally they are the most expensive off all!! :)

Check out the link, they are all super awesome looking shoes. Normally I'm a Louboutin girl but dang his are a little out there for me, and def out there for Wichita Falls wear!

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment