Sunday, September 27, 2009

Today is a hard day.

Today is my Memas 72nd birthday and 52nd wedding anniversary.



Its the first time we haven't all gotten together to cook and have (gluten free) cake. Its the first time that I can remember not calling my Mema and telling her Happy Birthday and how retarded I think it was that she got married on her birthday and cheated herself out a present every year. And how my Papa always would tell me that marrying him was present enough.

So instead I went up to the cemetery and put a little plastic balloon with Happy Birthday written on it in the dirt next to the flowers I bought her.




These were obviously taken right after the funeral. She would have loved all her beautiful flowers. The dirt is level with the ground now. All these flowers are gone and replaced by a set I bought at Hobby Lobby. The headstone has been ordered, and life is just moving on, but its not the same without her.



I miss her so much.
Happy Birthday Mema.



1 comment:

  1. Awww... Happy Birthday to her! :) I know you miss you so much, she loves you so much!!

    ReplyDelete