Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lots of catching up to do

So good news first, Nate and I will be celebrating 3 years of togetherness on April 23 and 5 months and one day later we will be husband and wife. So I'm super excited about that. We got engaged on our favorite beach in Cozumel last September 24th. We are almost finished wedding planning, we will have our wedding at First Christian followed by our reception at the Wellington. Here are some shots of the ring and the band. they are absolutely stunning. He spent way too much money on them but they will last forever, I will never have to upgrade! Although eventually I would like to get another band for the other side of the engagement ring. the big diamond you can actually see the whole thing from the side, just like the earrings he made me. He did good! :)


We've been living in sin for over a year now and a few months ago my house on Rockwood got a water leak so thanks to insurance it is now getting a complete remodel and I will put it up on the market ASAP and hopefully sell someone a super duper cute and awesome house.

So now the not so good news, my papa went to the dr. for a sore throat that wouldn't go away and ended up being put in the hospital for low blood count, they gave him two bags of blood and an IV of antibiotics and he left with a diagnoses of Leukemia.
We are not sure what kind of leukemia yet he gets a bone marrow sample taken today and we will know more when that gets back from the Mayo Clinic. We have not made any changes to wedding dates etc. or life in general until we get some definite results from the Dr. on what kind, treatment options etc, but it is very important to me that my papa be at my wedding and walk me down the aisle with my dad on the other side so I will move the date up or whatever needs to be done to make sure he is a part of it.
So if you will keep him in your prayers, I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment