Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mantel Trees

First off word to the wise, these are very very time consuming. My dear husband actually helped by cutting the tissue paper for me while I worked, but I was almost done with the first one when we started The Lord of the Rings trilogy and I had just finished both by the time all three movies were done!

I got my inspiration from here  for two of my three trees. Plain white tissue, cut in two by two squares wrapped around an unsharpened pencil end and stuck on.
I love the way it turned out. So simple yet something elegant about it.
The second one was a little more intense and resulted in this.
Yes that is a massive burn on my ring finger. It is still swollen so I cant even wear my wedding rings!
Crafting is dangerous business people! :)
On to the tree, this one I decided to do my version of the rosette tree. the burn was from putting glue on the back on the rosette and then dropping it glue down on my finger. But here is my finished project.

I wanted to put the corsage pins in the middle of all the rosette but due to the above mentioned burn I ended up putting the pins where I have white showing between rosettes. I think it turned out nicely.
I have one more to make this weekend. The pine cone tree I cant wait to show pictures. I am really excited about this one. I think it will tie it all together and then I will be sure to get a full Christmas mantel picture to share.

Also this weekend my mom and I are making homemade Christmas cookies from her Great Grandmas recipe.  It is a three day process. We used to do this every year and stopped for some unknown reason but now are going to start it up again. They make delicious cookies and great gifts as well. I will post the recipe and the pictures next week.

Also coming up I will show you what I am making/made for my girls for the Christmas gifts and also a very special Christmas themed birthday present for my friend Kimber!

No comments:

Post a Comment