Thursday, January 12, 2012

DIY shirt

So I finally got around to trying this that I pinned to Pinterest ages ago. It seems with wonderful husband out of the country I have plenty of time to craft.
So I used an old yellow old navy shirt that I don't really wear anymore just in case I didn't like the way it turned out.
But the exact opposite happened! I love it. I didn't use the textile medium since I'm not sure what that adds I just used regular fabric paint and painted over the doilies. Making sure to get all the holes and nooks and crannies.



** Helpful note. Make sure you paint around the outer edge of the doily. I didn't on the top one and I had to go back and do it after it dried. They look really weird without an outer shell.
 I really liked the little project. Super easy and I think it turned out nicely. I'll definitely be trying it with a shirt I actually wear very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment