Monday, January 30, 2012

Paper Bead Vase

So I finally finished my vase that I was making all my paper beads for that I talked about here.

I used a vase from the Dollar Tree that cost me, you guessed it, $1!
I had the darnedest time trying to get the very first bead to glue to the vase, I tried everything type of craft glue I had, I was about to bust out the Gorilla Glue, when it hit me like a hammer. Glue Gun. DUH! I love my glue gun, I don't know why I didn't use it from the beginning.
So I glued the string of beads, I also added a small clear bead every fifth paper bead, I probably should have done it after every bead, but I didn't think that far ahead.
After I was done gluing I took the blow dryer to it and watched all the little strings of hot glue disappear. (That's the greatest trick, I start on low setting, and then go to high and they all just go away, much easier than trying to pull them all off).
I still need to coat all the beads with a couple of layers of Mod Podge to seal them really well, but I just couldn't wait to show this off!




I think I might stain the top of the vase or maybe just continue my beads all the way to the top. I just don't think it looks quite right as is.
So that being said I went back and beaded to the top.
I still need to get the hot glue strings off(again) and cover it with Mod Podge but I think it turned out well.
I also have some glass tea light holders that I am thinking about doing like this and giving it all to someone as a gift!

Linking up here:














No comments:

Post a Comment