Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Stiffened Doily

So I tried my hand at one of the many doily projects I have seen floating around the Internet, but I have no specific link for mine.
I had a square doily lying around that I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do with it so I thought I would make it into a little "catch-all".

I took my bread pan and put foil on top of it and laid the doily on top of the foil and sponged on some fabric stiffener.
I let that dry for a while and took it off the pan and laid it out on my cabinet


I added more stiffener to the lace edges to get the to stand up perfectly and now I have a pretty little box to throw random junk it...


And there's the finished product holding some of my pretty glitter!
This is super easy to do and turned out well, I highly recommend this if you need to use up some doilies!

No comments:

Post a Comment