Monday, October 7, 2013

Halloween Wreath

I changed out my wreath for the month of October, still using the same background I now have a wreath with ribbons wrapped around it, I started by wrapping the entire wreath with a large black ribbon and then started filling in with the thicker ones and slowly made my way around and added the thinnest at the very end. I like how it turned out, not too halloweenie (don't think that is a word). I don't decorate the house for Halloween, I just do fall, so I'm not real big on Halloween d├ęcor.

In the up close shot you can see the ribbons overlapping and I just tied them on the side, and then went back and trimmed them all to v-points to clean it up.
There are lots of ribbon trimmed wreath tutorials on pinterest, and I tried tying the knots in front on this one but with all the different ribbons and widths, it didn't look so good. I am happy with how it turned out, although it doesn't look all that great with the gold chevron, but oh well because next month there will be a new wreath!

No comments:

Post a Comment