Thursday, October 10, 2013

New bedroom

The other day my mom and I were at JC Penney's and while I was waiting on her I sat on a showroom mattress. OH MY GOODNESS. it was the most comfortable thing I had ever sat/laid/been on. It was a Serta icomfort. After doing some research I found it online at Sam's for $200 cheaper, free delivery and it had a rebate in the form of a $300 gift card to Sam's. I was sold!
I had been looking for a new bedroom suite for a while, not looking very hard but keeping my eyes open. Nate and I both had queen size beds when we moved in together and we really needed a king. So after ordering the mattress, I really started looking for furniture. I knew I didn't want dark wood (I'm trying to lighten up the house) and I didn't really want light wood, but more of a painted/stained look, and I found it.
At Ashley's furniture! Better than that I got it 20% off with free financing for 2 years! I couldn't pass up a deal like that, but if you know me you know I hate debt, so I will pay it off early and get back to my debt free lifestyle! Obviously the pic above is the stock pic and not my bedroom, but I did purchase everything except the bench( I didn't like the fabric on it)
It really is pretty, it has marble tops and it is a beautiful off white with a brown/grayish stain to it. The only bad thing is the furniture is bigger than what we had so it does look a little oversized in our bedroom now, but it should look amazing when we finish the addition and move it into our super big and spacious bedroom!
But back to the mattress!
If you need a new one I definitely recommend a Serta icomfort. They aren't cheap, but totally worth it. Even our dogs don't want to get off of the bed now!


Another plus for me is the box spring was free with the purchase of the mattress and its covered in a brown corduroy like texture so no need for a bed skirt. I hate bed skirts almost as much as top sheets!
They just get dirty with the dogs going in and out from under the bed and if you try to rotate the mattress they always get messed up, so have been without a bed skirt for a while now anyway, but now we don't need one!

No comments:

Post a Comment