Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Small fake living room tree

This is not to be confused with our real tree in the formal dining/living area, but that's for another post!
I have had this white tree for years and always decorated it with silver and black, it looked very regal when I had my own house, plus the walls were burgundy so red decorations really clashed, but I was not  happy with how it looks in our house now. So I added red. I really like how it turned out. This is in our actual living area and we put presents under it(which are also only wrapped in black, silver, white and red). I like to coordinate! This tree is right beside the mantle shown in the previous post, so you can see why it needed some color!
Here she is in all her glory! Sorry for the crappy pic but I just couldn't get it to take a good one!

I bought some tree "flair" at Hobby Lobby, I really like the red feather looking things and silver sticks with small red balls. I think next year Ill try to find a silver and red topper as well.


These are my paw print ornaments of all of my dogs (since my adulthood) sadly my childhood dog is not part of this. I am so glad I did this especially since three of the eight paws are no longer with us.

I also couldn't find any red glitter ornaments that I liked, so using the tutorial below from craft-e-corner, I made my own. This is one of the easiest DIY crafts I have ever done, and I love the way that they look!~ plus since the glitter is on the inside it does not fall of flake off!
and since this is the last post on my living room area I also have a silver nativity scene out with my two ornament topiaries.
That pretty much wraps up the living room/den Christmas d├ęcor tour!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I am needing more red feathers like the ones on your tree. Are you interested in selling yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am needing more red feathers like the ones on your tree. Are you interested in selling yours?

    ReplyDelete