The sides look like this
I tried my hand at painting the pumpkin above, Im not very happy with it, I think I will paint the entire thing green and distress it a little so some white and brown show.
Speaking of overload, this mantle has entirely too much orange in it as you can see below. I bought another little fake pumpkin to put on the side with only two, I cant stand it being disproportionate. I am thinking of using mod podge and maybe some pretty fall paper napkins to cover it and adding it in front once I repaint the brown and white pumpkin, its not on the mantle yet, because I couldn't stand the thought of another ORANGE thing up there!
And I cant forget my sad little bowl full of crap. It only got a bow tied around the bottom and some leaves and pumpkins thrown in it and it got downgraded to fire place level, since there wasn't enough room on the actual mantle.
UPDATE! Okay, so I added a green pumpkin, and that's it, and that's going to be all for this year, I hope to make some changes for next year, because that argyle pumpkin is killing me, but Nate and Connor say its their favorite.